In October I entered a few of my recipes on a new website ‘Whatscookin’, for fun, and was really surprised that one of my recipes (see recipe below), was chosen as one of three winners! My delicious prize was an organic vegies box, loaded with fresh vegetables and herbs.
I was naturally very excited! Here are the dishes I made, with recipes included. I made simple dishes this time, which are very easy to make, and quick too! Also, only one of them requires an oven! So, that’s Lekker gluten-free, Quick & Easy!
I will post each recipe separately, so this is the first of six new recipes.
This is my recipe which was chosen by Whatscookin:
I couldn’t wait to prepare the asparagus. The stalks were young, tender and the colour was just so bright. I have made asparagus in many different ways, but as a side dish, I like it when fresh lemon, and not too much fuss, so that the taste of the asparagus is still fresh.
This recipe only needs four ingredients, and seasoning. Very easy!
Asparagus & Lemon (naturally gluten free, egg free, nut free, soy free, dairy free, corn free, sugar free, vegetarian)
- A bunch of fresh, young asparagus
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- fresh garlic, chopped
- fresh ginger, chopped
- Olive oil, for frying
- ground black pepper
- Wash, drain and cut asparagus spears (discard the ends which will usually be dry)
- Chop garlic and ginger
- In a wok, or pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil
- Fry the garlic and ginger for about a minute, on medium heat, until they soften
- Add the asparagus, and stir
- Add the salt and pepper (as per your preference)
- Continue to fry for about 3-6 minutes, until the asparagus changes colour, and is tender, but not too soft
- Turn off the heat, and squeeze half a lemon over
- Spoon into a serving dish, and garnish with remaining lemon
- Eat whilst still warm, to enjoy the fresh and tender taste!