Are you up for a challenge? A fun challenge? A creative challenge? A free challenge?
Christmas is nearing, and soon we will be inundated with all sorts of delicious recipes for the festive season. What does this have to do with my challenge, you ask? Well, I have been working on a gluten-free Christmas recipe E-book for a while now, and it’s ready. WooHoo! I’ve written my very first recipe book! (sorry, I’m rather excited, in case you couldn’t tell!)
I had a few ideas of how to publicize my recipe book, and then thought that perhaps this approach would be more fun
. On most blogs or websites, there are competitions where you can win freebies. Those are really great, I do agree. I do not however, have any sponsors on my blog, and I’m really new to all of this, so rather than waiting until the day that I do become famous (did I just say that out loud?!), I decided to go ahead and try out my idea.
I’ve created a 7 Ingredient Recipe Challenge.
The challenge is for you to create a recipe on your own blog, and then re-blog it to my site. The prize? Just the satisfaction of creating a new, fun recipe; having your recipe featured on my blog, and the blog-sphere, and a free E-book! That’s correct, I will give a free copy of my E-book to all who take part in my challenge (see rules below). Who doesn’t like free stuff??! The recipes are all lekker, or so I’ve been told!
If you are up for a challenge, then read on…
What wonderful gluten free, vegan, dairy free, allergy free creation would you come up with, using just the seven ingredients listed below?
- Raisins or currants
- GoJi (gou qi) berries or other winter berry
- Medjool dates
- Almond flakes
If you’re up for it, the challenge begins on Monday, 17 November 2014 and ends on Friday, 28 November 2014.
Rules of the challenge:
- All seven ingredients must be used
- No additional ingredients may be added
- Any quantity may be used
- The recipe may be a raw or cooked dish
- It must be your own recipe (no copying from other bloggers)
- A photo of the ingredients, steps and outcome must be submitted
- Post on your own blog with a link to mine, or re-blog on mine
- Your recipe may be as simple or complicated as you like
- If you cannot use almonds due to a tree nut allergy, you may substitute for another ingredient (please state so)
- The winner will be chosen by the number of ‘Likes’ it receives on my blog
- This is for fun! There is no cash prize
- The participants will receive a FREE copy of my Christmas recipe book after 28 November 2014