Have you started using your oven again yet?
After a sweltering summer, with very little baking or oven roasting going on, it’s time again for some warmer, oven cooked dishes.
Sweet, juicy and plump ~ these vine tomatoes are delicious served as they are, added to your favourite pasta dishes, and also enjoyed with a flatbread.
This is such a simple recipe, really – by using vine tomatoes however, it takes this dish up a notch.
Oven Roasted Vine Tomatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 250g red and yellow vine tomatoes
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 200C
- Rinse tomatoes gently in water (so as not to separate from the vine)
- Place into an oven proof baking dish along with the garlic
- Season with sea salt and black pepper
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Place into the centre of the oven
- Roast until tender, 20 – 25 minutes
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve