If the heat in your kitchen is putting you off even stepping foot into it, then this smoothie bowl recipe is the perfect summer breakfast for you!
Chocolate for breakfast? Why not!?!?
Simple, in season fruits; with little fuss and lots of flavour.
Blueberry Choc Smoothie Bowl
Serving size: makes one bowl
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (or other)
- 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder
- A sprinkling of desiccated coconut
- A few brasil nuts, shelled
- A few fresh blueberries
- A sprinkling of crushed nuts/seeds
- Wash the fresh blueberries and set aside
- Remove peeled, frozen banana and blueberries from freezer and place into a blender and pulse for a few seconds
- Add the following to the blender – a quarter cup of milk, two tablespoons of cocoa powder, one teaspoon of hemp seeds
- Blend on high for about 2 minutes, until thick, creamy and smooth
- Slowly pour into a serving bowl
- Decorate with the topping above (or your own personal favourites)
- Grab a spoon and tuck in!