This is the second chicken drumsticks recipe for this month. These slightly sweet and tangy drumsticks are great for taking to a picnic, popped into your lunchbox, or even enjoyed at home as a meal. You’ll be excused for licking your fingers and asking for more!
Treat your Dad to a finger licking good meal!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY !
to all the Dad’s out there!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 – 60 minutes
Oven temperature: 190C
Oven Roasted Honey Mustard Drumsticks
- 3 – 4 chicken drumsticks
- sea salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favourite mixed spice/herbs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
To make the basting sauce:
- In a jug, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil; 1 tablespoon of gluten-free soy sauce; 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard; 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix and set aside
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Rinse the drumsticks under running water
- Pat dry with paper towel
- Place into a roasting pan
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and your favourite mixed spice/herbs
- Pour the basting sauce over the chicken
- Place the chicken into the fridge to marinate whilst the oven heats up
- Once the oven is at desired temperature (190C), remove the chicken from the fridge
- Place the roasting pan into the centre of the oven
- Cook at 190C for 45-50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through
- Carefully remove the roasting pan from the oven every 10 minutes to baste with the sauce (use a spoon to keep covering the drumsticks with sauce)
- If you prefer a crispier chicken, after cooked through, turn up the oven temperature to 200C for another 5 – 10 minutes – the sauce will burn easily now, so do not leave unattended
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve
Note: This recipe could also be made on the stove top. Place the chicken into a non-stick frying pan with lid. Cover and cook until tender. Remove the lid and allow to sizzle slightly. If need be, add a little water to the sauce to prevent it from drying up.