As you will see from the recipe archives, I do enjoy roasting and baking vegetables – something about that slow process gives the vegetables a lovely texture, flavour and taste.
After hearing about whole baked cauliflower, I finally decided to give it a go! This is a long cooking process, but so worth the wait! I hope that you’ll try it too!
Enjoy a happy and healthy Women’s Day!
Whole Baked Cauliflower
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 – 60 minutes
- A large head of organic cauliflower (1kg)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat an oven to 200C
- Wash the whole head of cauliflower carefully under running water to remove any dirt or hidden insects
- Place the cauliflower into an oven proof dish or baking tray
- Rub the olive oil over the cauliflower. If it appears not to be enough, then add one more tablespoon, but do not drown in oil
- Sprinkle sea salt over
- Cover with foil
- Bake covered for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove the foil
- Return to the oven and bake uncovered until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and pour over the dressing
- Slice into quarters
- Serve and enjoy!