The second vegetable recipe I’m sharing with you this month is delicious served warm or cool. Serve it alone; with a meat dish or another vegetable dish.
For those of us living a gluten-free lifestyle, potato is one vegetable which is very versatile and also filling. They are also not too difficult to cook, and can be enjoyed in so many ways – mashed, baked, roasted, added to stews or curries, fries; hash browns and so much more!
This dish is filling, tasty and can either be eaten as a side dish, or made into your main meal.
Gluten-free Mediterranean-style Potato Salad
(gluten-free, egg free, wheat free, sugar free, dairy free, soy free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- A handful of Calamata olives
- A handful of baby tomatoes
- Half a freshly squeezed lemon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Wash the tomatoes and cut in half. Set aside.
- Peel and wash potatoes
- Cut up into bite sized pieces
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- Gently place potatoes into the pot of water and boil on medium heat until tender, for about 10-15 minutes (if you prefer potatoes firmer, then boil for a shorter time)
- Carefully remove from the pot, drain and place into a serving dish
- Add olives, baby tomatoes and seasoning
- Drizzle olive oil and fresh lemon juice over
- Serve immediately or allow to cool down and serve as a cold dish
Optional: chop up fresh parsley or coriander and add to salad