The final ‘How to….?’ for this month, is really simple, but is time consuming.
No oven required, so not to worry about spending too much time in a hot kitchen!
Make Apple Sauce
This Apple Sauce can be used in many ways:
- Add to smoothies
- Add to your baking – cookies, sweet breads and muffins
- Place on top of waffles or pancakes
- Grab a spoon and just eat it ‘au naturale’
The apple juice that will remain is wonderful as a drink, or even added to smoothies for extra flavour.
- 3 large apples, peeled
- Whole cloves
- Cinnamon bark
- Cardamom pods
- Filtered water
- Wash and peel the apples
- Core and cut into thin slices, or dice
- Add to a pot
- Pour in filtered water to cover the apples
- Add the spices
- Simmer over a very low heat for 45 minutes – 1 hour
- Allow to cool, then drain off the liquid (apple juice)
- Mash with a potato masher and place into a sterilized bottle
Note: Can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks