As you will have noticed on most cooking sites, it is barbeque (BBQ in some parts) season.
Out comes the grill, and for those of you who enjoy vegetables as much as meat on the grill, this is a wonderfully tasty way to eat your vegies.
This recipe can be made outside on a grill, or in your kitchen in a grill pan.
Either way, you’re sure to enjoy these!
Grilled Brinjal & Marrows
(naturally gluten-free, egg free, sugar free, soy free, wheat free, nut free, sesame free, dairy free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: roughly 25 minutes
- 4 small marrows
- 4 thin purple brinjal
- Olive oil
- Your favourite herbs
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Wash and slice the brinjal and marrows
- Place into a deep bowl
- Season with herbs, sea salt and ground pepper
- Drizzle with olive oil to coat (do not drench the vegetables in oil)
- Toss to coat evenly
- Leave to marinate whilst heating up the grill
- Grill on either side for about 3-4 minutes, until tender (the brinjal will cook quicker)
- Remove from grill and place into a serving bowl
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over and serve
Enjoy as a main dish, or serve as a side dish with your other favourites!