Quinoa is such a wonderful grain. For those of us living a gluten-free lifestyle, it is very versatile, and not only that – so nutritious too!
I have been
lurking following a wonderful blogger for a while now, and her recipes, and bright personality certainly shine through her site. If you don’t already know SimplyQuinoa, go take a look right now!
I recently saw a recipe for blueberry quinoa pancakes, and just had to try them. Here is my version of Alyssa’s wonderful recipe, which you can find by clicking above.
Quinoa Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water (I used golden flax)
- 250ml of quinoa flour (hand-milled)
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen)
- In a small bowl, make the flax egg, by mixing the flaxmeal and water and setting aside to thicken
- In a mixing bowl, add the quinoa flour, tapioca starch, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt
- Measure out the oil, milk and honey in a jug
- Add to the flour mixture and blend well
- Stir in the flax egg
- Lastly, gently fold in the blueberries
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with coconut oil
- Heat on medium heat
- Place spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and cook on both sides until cooked through
- Repeat until the batter is finished
- Enjoy immediately!