I feeling terrible for neglecting my blog these days, but with life’s demands, so our focus changes.
Do you feel obligated to post constantly on your blog? Does guilt creep in, just around bedtime, when you realise that you haven’t posted anything on your blog – yet again?!
Well, I was feeling that way, but realise that although I will not have much time to blog, I will do so if and when I’m able to. Quality over quantity? I hope so!
In keeping with the festive season, and handcrafted gifts, I have a recipe that is so versatile, super easy and takes little time and effort; and the ingredients can be a new creation, or taste sensation!
Festive Christmas Bark
(gluten-free, egg free, corn free, dairy free, oat free, wheat free)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
As you can see, this time I’ve measured in cups, rather than weight. You can alter the quantities, as well as the ingredients in this recipee.
- 1/3 cup of pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup of Gou Qi (goqi) berries
- 1 cup of dark chocolate discs or pieces
- 1/2 cup of green raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (not pictured)
Note: If you prefer not to use a microwave oven, then this can be made on the stove top. The chocolate would need to be placed into a double boiler, and ensure that you do not get ANY water into the top bowl where the chocolate is, whilst melting over a low heat.
- Break up the dark chocolate into small pieces, or use chocolate discs.
- Place into a microwave safe bowl, uncovered
- Heat on 80% for 1 minute
- Carefully remove from microwave and stir
- Return to the microwave, and continue to heat on 80% at 30 second intervals, until the chocolate is almost completely melted
- Remove from the microwave, and stir until smooth
- Now gently pour the melted chocolate into a dish or pan (I placed tinfoil into mine, to make it easier to lift out)
- Sprinkle gou qi berries, pistachios and raisins, and sea salt over
- Allow to set
- Once cool, break up into pieces
- Serve in a bowl, or pack into small bags and give as gifts
- Enjoy your festive chocolate!