So what was cooking/baking in the GF-Chopstix kitchen?
It’s the root vegetable season yet again. Plenty of sweet potatoes, different potato varieties, radishes, carrots, and turnips appearing in recipes now.
The sweet potato is such a great vegetable to cook or bake with, because it can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes, and even eaten plain.
What’s your favourite sweet potato dish? Leave a comment below…
I often bake sweet potatoes, and today I baked oven fries. Sweet potato oven fries, that is. Enjoy!
Gluten-free Sweet Potato Oven Fries
(naturally gluten-free, egg free, dairy free, soy free, sugar free, corn free, nut free)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- Sea salt
- Spices (your favourites)
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 190C/375F
- Thoroughly wash and slice up the sweet potato. If you don’t like the skin, then peel after washing. Cut into evenly sized pieces. As you can see from my photos, I’ve roughly chopped the sweet potato, but if you prefer uniformity, then go for it!
- Place onto a baking sheet or roasting tray in a single layer
- Drizzle about 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the potatoes
- Sprinkle with the sea salt and spices
- Using a spoon, mix the sweet potatoes, oil and spices
- Place into the oven and bake for 20- 25 minutes, until soft and browned, or, leave in slightly longer for crispier, darker fries.
- Carefully remove from the oven
- Serve as a side dish, or even as a snack
You can also add other potatoes to this –