What was brewing in the GF-Chopstix kitchen? Since it is the height of all things pumpkin, I too am adding pumpkin to all sorts of dishes, and even drinking it!
That’s right. Today’s recipe is a beverage, with a hint of pumpkin.
How do you enjoy consuming pumpkins?
I have used freshly baked and pureed pumpkin for this recipe. I’m not sure how it would work with a canned version. I know that there are many, many recipes online for you to choose from. You could even create your own recipe. I just played around with ingredients, and liked this concoction best. Feel free to make your own adjustments to suit your palate.
Gluten-free Pumpkin Latte
(gluten-free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, wheat free)
- 50g of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice (ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- A sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar (for serving)
- Place the pumpkin and spices into a saucepan
- Heat on very low heat, and stir
- Add the sugar, then the milk, vanilla and sea salt
- Allow to simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring
- Either place into a blender, or use a hand-held milk frother in the the pan
- Pour as much coffee into a cup or mug as you prefer
- Carefully pour the pumpkin milk mixture over
- Use a spoon to scoop some of the froth to place on top
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over
- Sip and enjoy whilst watching the autumn leaves falling