I really enjoyed making smoothies this past summer. They are really quick, easy, convenient, healthy, and of course, delicious!
I sneaked in a last bowl of cold goodness, which I had for brunch, since it was already too chilly this morning for a cold meal.
Not only is it pumpkin season, but for fruit lovers, it is also Persimmon season.
Gluten-free Persimmon Smoothie Bowl
(naturally gluten-free, egg free, sugar free, oat free, corn free, soy free, dairy free)
Prep time: 5 minutes
cooking time: none
- 2 medium sized frozen bananas
- 1 ripe persimmon
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk, or water, or tea (I used Rooibos)
- Nuts, berries, coconut, or seeds for serving
- Cinnamon, or other spices
This is the easiest part, of course.
- Remove peeled, frozen banana from freezer and leave to thaw for a few minutes
- Wash the persimmon, peel and cut up into segments, or pieces (depending on how ripe it is)
- Place the frozen banana, and a quarter cup of water (milk or tea), into a blender
- Blend on high for about 2 minutes, until thick, creamy and smooth
- Add a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon powder or other spice
- Add the persimmon and pulse a few times, until well incorporated
- Slowly pour into a serving bowl
- Top with any (or all), of your favourites
- Grab a spoon and tuck in!
Step 1: Place the frozen banana, tea (milk or water) into a blender and cover with the lid. Blend on high for about 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add the cinnamon powder, or other spice, and persimmon. Close and pulse until blended.
Step 3: Slowly pour into one or two bowls.