In June, I featured several smoothie recipes. Depending on the season, there are so many different variations to a smoothie. With summer fruits in abundance, it is not too difficult to find inspiration for a smoothie combo. You can also get creative with flavour combinations, and even toppings.
With autumn not too far away, (no, I’m not chasing summer away just yet), soon we’ll be moving away from cooler, refreshing breakfasts to comforting porridge’s and warmer meals.
So whilst it is still hot out there, enjoy this smoothie breakfast bowl!
Cocoa & Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
(gluten-free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, corn free, oat free, allergy friendly)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 2 medium sized bananas, frozen (245g)
- 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut water
- Your favourite toppings
- Peel, slice and freeze banana slices
- Remove from freezer and place into a blender
- Add the cocoa powder
- Pour in the coconut water
- Pulse for about 30 seconds, until the bananas start to break down and move around
- Continue to blend on high for about 1-2 minutes, until smooth and creamy
- Pour into a serving bowl
- Now the fun starts. Top with as many or as few of your favourites as you like
- I sprinkled on some roughly chopped almonds, fresh blueberries and dessicated coconut
- Grab a spoon and enjoy your nutritious, filling, cool smoothie bowl!