Potatoes – hmm! Baked potato. Fries. Mashed potato. Potato salad. Hash browns. Roast potatoes. Potato wedges. How do you like your potatoes?
The last recipe from my Simple Summer Meal is healthy oven fries. Sure, you probably don’t need a recipe for this one, but this is how I make them.
Healthy Oven Fries
(gluten-free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, corn free, nut free, allergy friendly)
Servings: 2 – 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 – 30 minutes
- 2 medium – large potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- Sea salt and your favourite spice for seasoning
- Preheat an oven to 200C
- Peel the potatoes and cut up into thin strips (fries shape)
- Place into a flat ovenproof baking dish / tray
- Season with sea salt and spice
- Evenly pour the olive oil over and stir
- Place into the centre of the preheated oven
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes (depending on how crispy you like them)
- Carefully remove from oven and serve
NOTE: During the cooking time, remove from the oven twice to stir them around to avoid sticking and drying out.