As I mentioned in my previous post, I made a simple summer meal. yes, it does involve some oven / stovetop time, but is worth it!
In this post I’m sharing the simple salad recipe. It’s green, light, tasty and cool and refreshing on a hot summer’s day.
Cucumber Summer Salad
(gluten-free, egg free, soy free, corn free, dairy free, nut free, allergy friendly)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 2 cucumbers, peeled (optional)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 small bunch of spring onion
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of dark vinegar (gluten free)
- Sprinkling of sea salt
- Wash and peel the cucumber
- Slice into rings
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic
- Thoroughly wash the spring onion and coriander and chop
- In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, sea salt and vinegar
- Place the vegetables into a bowl
- Pour the dressing over and mix
- Chill if not serving immediately
You can also add other flavours to this simple salad. Add tomatoes if you like them, or radish, or even some fruit. It’s light, easy, simple and tasty.
If you do make this with or without other additions, let me know.