These Ice Cups are naturally sweet, and full of brightness. Two delicious fruits combined to make a fruity cup of deliciousness. Although you may be thinking that one of the ingredients is an orange, it is not. Read on….
Ice Cups – Mango & Pear
(naturally gluten-free, egg free, soy free, nut free, dairy free, sugar free, corn free, allergy friendly)
- Filtered water
- Lemon skin / zest
- One small mango, cut up
- One small green (or other variety) pear, peeled and diced
- Honey or other sweetener (if you wish)
- Either peel the lemon skin or grate the skin to make zest
- Place into the paper cup (or any other freezer-safe mould)
- Peel and cut up a small mango
- Peel and cut up half a small pear
- Add honey to sweeten (as much or as little as you prefer)
- Add filtered water to fill the cup
- Place into the freezer for about five minutes
- Remove, and insert a plastic spoon or other lolly stick
- Return to the freezer and leave until set
- Remove from the freezer, leave to stand for a few minutes, remove from cup, eat and cool off!
NOTE: I have not included weights or amounts, because depending on how many Ice Cups you make, the quantities will vary. My paper cups hold a 1/3 of a cup of liquid.