Are summer fruits also your favourite? Tropical fruit, like mango, is such a versatile fruit, which can be eaten as it is; added to ice-cream; made into a pudding; baked into cakes; made into a salsa, and is also lovely in smoothies.
This Ice Cup has the lovely, sweet flavour of mango, and then – I’ve spiced it up a little (you can adjust the spiciness).
Ice Cups – Spicy Mango
(gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, sugar free, corn free, allergy friendly)
- Non-dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
- One small mango, cut
- Honey or other sweetener
- Cinnamon/5 Spice (All spice)/ chili powder/ ground cumin
- Peel and cut up a small mango
- Place into the paper cup (or any other freezer-safe mould)
- Add honey to sweeten (as much or as little as you prefer)
- Add non-dairy milk to fill the cup
- Sprinkle with your choice of spice
- Place into the freezer for about five minutes
- Remove, and insert a plastic spoon or other lolly stick
- Return to the freezer and leave until set
- Remove from the freezer, leave to stand for a few minutes, remove from cup, eat and cool off!
NOTE: I have not included weights or amounts, because depending on how many Ice Cups you make, the quantities will vary. My paper cups hold a 1/3 of a cup of liquid.