Just when I thought that summer was in full swing, with temperatures over 30C, typhoon season has hit, and the weather is like a yo-yo! The days are much cooler, and this is a ‘cold’ summer, so far.
There will be very hot days ahead, however, and so, here is the second Ice Cup idea.
Peachy cocoa-Coconut Ice Cups
(gluten-free, egg free, sugar free, dairy free, nut free, corn free, soy free)
- Non-dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
- Peach, diced
- Honey or other sweetener (optional)
- Dessicated coconut
- Pure cocoa powder
- Peel and cut up a small ripe peach
- Place into the paper cup (or any other freezer-safe mould)
- Add honey or other sweetener to sweeten (as much or as little as you prefer)
- Add non-dairy milk to fill the cup
- Sprinkle with dessicated coconut and cocoa
- Place into the freezer for about five minutes
- Remove, and insert a plastic spoon or other lolly stick
- Return to the freezer and leave until set
- Remove from the freezer, leave to stand for a few minutes, remove from cup, eat and cool off!
NOTE: I have not included weights or amounts, because depending on how many Ice Cups you make, the quantities will vary. My paper cups hold a 1/3 of a cup of liquid.