When life hands you lemons, what do you do?
I’ve made Lemonade Ice Cups!
This recipe is extremely simple, quick and easy. If you want to get your children involved in the kitchen, then this is a great way to do it!
Just in time for the weekend. For those of you celebrating the 4th of July – Enjoy!
Lemonade Ice Cups
(gluten-free, egg free, sugar free, dairy free, nut free, corn free, soy free)
- Filtered water
- One lemon and lemon skin / zest
- Honey or other sweetener
- Cut one lemon in half
- Either peel the lemon skin or grate the skin to make zest
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a jug
- Scoop out the lemon pulp and add to the jug, along with the zest/skin
- Place into the paper cup (or any other freezer-safe mould)
- Add honey to sweeten (as much or as little as you prefer)
- Add filtered water to fill the cup
- Place into the freezer for about five minutes
- Remove, and insert a plastic spoon or other lolly stick
- Return to the freezer and leave until set
- Remove from the freezer, leave to stand for a few minutes, remove from cup, eat and cool off!
NOTE: I have not included weights or amounts, because depending on how many Ice Cups you make, the quantities will vary. My paper cups hold a 1/3 of a cup of liquid.