Do you like water? How about flavoured water? Now, for me, pure coconut water (no sugar added), is the next best refreshing beverage! Just coconut water – fresh from a coconut…
and then placed into a can.
Since I don’t live in the tropics, that’s the closest I can get to real, fresh coconut water, unless I go travelling!
I often add coconut milk to my smoothies, if I want them to be creamier. I hadn’t tried coconut water before. Other than the fact that coconut water is far more expensive than plain ol’ water, I just hadn’t thought about it before – until now that is.
So, without further babbling, here is today’s smoothie recipe, with coconut water.
Tropical Coconut Smoothie
Servings: 1-2 (makes 400ml)
Prep time: 5 minutes
cooking time: none
(gluten-free, egg free, corn free, sugar free, nut free, soy free, dairy free)
- 1 medium sized mango
- 1 medium sized banana
- 200ml coconut water
- half a lemon
- Peel the banana and mango
- Cut into chunks
- Place into a blender
- Add the juice of half a lemon
- Pour in 200ml of coconut water
- Blend on high for about 1 minute, until thick and smooth
- Pour into a tall glass, or two smaller glasses, add a straw and sip away!
- After filling your glass, with the leftover smoothie, you could make fruit lollies, which is what I did.
Optional: Top with nuts, shredded coconut, flaxmeal or even a sprig of mint