A Smoothie made with only 3 ingredients?! That’s right – just three. This is probably the quickest and easiest smoothie that I’ve made yet.
This 3 Ingredient Smoothie is made with a caffeinated beverage – coffee. You can prepare it ahead of time, to make it even quicker for a busy, rushed morning.
3 ingredient nutty coffee Smoothie
(gluten-free, egg free, corn free, soy free, oat free)
Servings: 1 (or 2 in smaller glasses)
Prep time: 5 minutes
cooking time: none
- 250ml of freshly brewed coffee (cold)
- 1 medium sized banana, frozen
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- Make a cup of instant coffee, or do what I did, and use a French Press to make a pot
- Allow the coffee to cool down, until cold
- Peel the banana and cut into large chunks
- Place the banana, a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter (or other nutbutter), and the coffee into a blender
- Blend on high until thick and smooth (about a minute)
- Pour into a 300ml glass
To make this healthier, use a home-made nutbutter. I used a store bought Peanut Butter, so if you do too, make sure that the ingredients are gluten-free.
Did you know that you can freeze bananas? I’m not sure how long they can safely be kept in the freezer for, but I usually keep mine in there for up to a week. To make it easier to add to smoothies and other recipes, peel the bananas before freezing (as you can see in my photo above, I didn’t do that this time), and place into a ziplock bag. Take out whenever you need them. Quick and convenient.