For Father’s Day, which is today, the 14th of June, how will you be spoiling your Dad; husband or beloved?
How about a creamy alcoholic beverage, which is really so simple, and versatile, that I’m sure Dad’s will enjoy it!
This beverage can be made without alcohol, or if you do not have this particular ingredient, use whatever you know Dad will enjoy.
Amarula Hot Chocolate
(gluten-free, egg free, nut free, soy free, corn free)
This drink can be served warm, or iced – whichever way Dad prefers it.
- Plain powdered cocoa
- Dark chocolate chips
- Milk powder (I used coconut milk)
- Amarula Cream (or another alcoholic cream; or omit)
- Vaniilla powder
- Boiled water
- Boil the kettle
- Whilst the kettle is boiling, prepare the following:
- A large mug
- A spoon
- Scoop a spoonful of cocoa into the mug
- Next, scoop a spoonful of powdered milk into the mug
- Add the boiled water and stir
- If you are going to add the Amarula (or other alcoholic cream), then add a spoonful now and stir gently
- Finally, either add the chocolate chips (or omit) and sprinkle with vanilla powder,
- OR Serve with the chocolate chips and vanilla powder, and let Dad add as much as he prefers