Smoothie breakfast bowls are big all over the net right now. I’m late catching on, I have to admit! Better late than never, I guess.
I am used to drinking my smoothies out of a glass, usually through a straw, – or not. Lately, though, with summer here, I’ve seen so many pretty, colourful and healthy creations being posted online, that I decided to try my own.
So, here it is. My first Smoothie Bowl.
Melon Smoothie Bowl with Granola
(naturally gluten-free, egg free, corn free, sugar free, oat free, soy free, nut free)
Prep time: 5 minutes
cooking time: none
- 1/2 a medium sized melon
- 3 small, ripe bananas (frozen)
- 1/3 cup of filtered water/juice/coconut water
- 1/4 cup of plain yoghurt
- Gluten-free granola for topping (or any other favourite)
- Cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds. Peel the melon and cut up the flesh
- Peel the bananas (if not already done)
- Place the melon, banana, yoghurt, and water/juice or coconut water into a blender. I used pineapple flavoured coconut water.
- Pulse, then blend for about 2 minutes, until thick and creamy
- Pour into two bowls
- Top with gluten-free granola, or other seeds and nuts
- Grab two spoons, and dig in!
Once you’ve made your Melon Smoothie Bowl, top it with fresh fruit slices, then sprinkle gluten-free granola on top, or leave it plain.