The second smoothie recipe for this month was going to be named ‘The Green Monster’, and then I thought that perhaps that would put you off?!? So, rather, I chose a more subtle name.
It is called the –
Green Smoothie Shot
(naturally gluten free, egg free, sugar free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, corn free, allergy friendly)
Prep time: 5 minutes
cooking time: none
This smoothie is for those who are serious about eating their vegetables (in any form), and also love a good smoothie. Try it, and let me know what you think.
- 1/3 cup of grape juice / or other sweet fruit (frozen or not)
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, washed
- 100g of leafy green vegetable (spinach or your favourite)
- 1 peach, washed, peeled and cut up
- 1/4 cup of filtered water (if too thick)
- Wash the fruit and vegetables in filtered water
- Cut the ginger into chunks
- Cut the peach into pieces
- Place all the ingredients into a blender
- Pulse for a few seconds
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- If you find the smoothie to be too thick, add 1/4 cup of filtered water or ice, or other liquid
- Pour into shot glasses
- Garnish with a bright colour, such as a strawberry or gou qi berries
- Grab shot glass, gulp down and feel energised!