What better way to start off the month of June, and a Monday morning, than with a delicious, healthy smoothie?
I’ve written before about the great health benefits of drinking Rooibos tea before – use the search function, just type in ‘Rooibos’ and you’ll find more recipes. Since this tea is naturally caffeine free, healthy, refreshing, soothing, and a lovely colour; it can be added to many of our daily meals, and drinks!
I often add Rooibos to fruit smoothies, rather than adding milk or water, since it adds a lovely flavour.
Rooibos Figgy-peach Smoothie
(naturally gluten-free, egg free, nut free, sugar free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, allergy friendly)
Servings: 1 (300ml)
Prep time: 5 minutes
blending time: 1-2 minutes
- 200ml of Rooibos tea (ready made)
- Half a ripe banana (keep the other half for tomorrow’s smoothie)
- A few slices of fresh ginger (omit if you don’t like ginger or add ground cinnamon)
- 1 ripe peach (I used a yellow cling peach)
- 3 small ripe green figs (use whichever figs you prefer)
- Make a fresh pot of Rooibos tea and leave to steep for a few minutes. Allow to cool.
- Wash, peel and chop up fruit.
- In a blender, place the fruit and fresh ginger.
- Pour the Rooibos tea in and pulse
- Blend on medium for about 1 -2 minutes, until well blended and frothy.
- Pour into a tall glass, add a brightly coloured straw and sip away!