This is a super simple breakfast idea for Mother’s Day! No cooking involved, and less than 5 ingredients to make a healthy, pretty and nutritious breakfast for your Mum!
This recipe is also child-friendly (with adult supervision for the younger ones), and quick and easy!
Mother’s Day Breakfast
(gluten-free, egg free, nut free, soy free, corn free, sesame free, shellfish free, allergy friendly)
Prep time: 5- 10 minutes
Cooking time: none!
- 1 tub of plain yoghurt (or other favourite)
- seasonal fruit (I used blueberries, strawberries and kiwi)
- Toasted coconut
- Honey (or omit)
Use your Mum’s favourite combination of fruit, nuts and seeds, to create a work of art.
- Wash fruit
- Peel and cut into desired shapes
- Pour yoghurt into a pretty bowl or glass
- Decorate the top with the cut fruit
- Serve on a pretty tray, with tea, coffee, or juice, and enjoy!
Note: If your Mum likes sweet yoghurt, stir in the honey before you decorate with fruit. This is also good with fruit yoghurt. If she cannot tolerate any dairy, then use whichever other is her favourite.