Having a busy week? Also cannot believe that it is now April, and that Easter is this weekend!? Too busy baking away and preparing special treats? Then this recipe is one for you. Although it’s a very busy time, eating a healthy, nutritious gluten-free meal is important, so don’t go hungry.
This is one of my Quick & Easy, Asian-styled, 1-Wok-meals recipes.
(gluten-free, egg free, corn free, oat free, wheat free, nut free, sugar free, dairy free)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-20 minutes
- 250g of lean beef, cut into strips
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips (any colour will do)
- 250g of Abalone mushrooms, cut into strips (other mushrooms will also pair well)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of prickly ash (can omit)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free Soy sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons of sunflower oil, for frying
- White sesame seeds for garnishing (can omit)
- Wash the bell pepper and cut into strips
- Rinse the mushrooms well under running water. Cut into strips
- Peel and chop the garlic and ginger
- Cut the beef into thin strips
- In a wok, or big pan, heat the two tablespoons of sunflower oil
- When the oil is hot, fry the prickly ash until it starts to jump around
- Next, add the garlic and ginger and fry for about 30 seconds
- Place the meat in next, and continue to fry, until browned
- Add the seasoning and mushrooms and stir well
- Continue to cook over high heat. The mushrooms will release a lot of liquid, so keep cooking, until it is reduced.
- When the beef and mushrooms are almost cooked, add the peppers, stir and fry, until tender
- Lastly, add the soy sauce and mix it in well
- Remove from heat, and garnish
Serve with a bowl of rice, or enjoy with pasta.