Remember to wear green, or you’ll be pinched!
There are many, many recipes on the web, to make for St. Patrick’s Day. Some, more traditional than others. Since green is the colour associated with Ireland, I added a natural green colouring to a tasty treat.
Even if you do not celebrate this festival, you can still bake this cake, any other day of the year. It is quick and easy (don’t you just love that?!) and can be adapted to suit your tastes – you get to play with your food.
makes: 1 -2 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2-4 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons of gluten-free flour (your own blend, or a boxed mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Matcha powder
- 2 Tablespoons of non-dairy milk powder
- 1 flax egg
- 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of filtered water (not pictured)
Top with cream, butter icing or ice-cream. Enjoy!
Follow the slide show.
Note: microwave ovens will vary.