It’s gloomy, damp, grey, dark and miserable. Well, that’s how I feel about the weather at the moment. I needed something bright and colourful, and also warm and nourishing to lift my spirits.
That’s why I’ve made this drink.
Turmeric, also known as ‘the queen of spices’, is not only a great tasting spice, it also has many health benefits. Amongst the long list of benefits – it assists with digestion; helps to maintain good liver function; controls diabetes; relieves arthritis, and is great for your immune system. Feeling a little off-colour this winter? Drink some turmeric milk to help boost your immune system.
TURMERIC non-dairy MILK drink (gluten free, egg free, nut free, oat free, corn free, sugar free)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2-4 minutes
- 1 cup, or mug of filtered water (measured in your mug or cup of choice)
- 2 teaspoons of powdered non-dairy milk, of choice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder *
- 1 teaspoon of honey
* Turmeric should be taken with caution. Always consult with your healthy practitioner before using this spice.