There are so many uses for Rooibos tea, other than drinking it. Yes, it does taste lekker, so why limit yourself to only making tea?
- I often use Rooibos tea as a replacement for water in a recipe
- I use Rooibos tea as an ingredient in smoothies
- It is a great ingredient in marinades, and tenderizes the meat
- It can be stored in a container in the refrigerator for about a week, and still be used without a problem
- In summer, it is a wonderful addition to fruit salads; fruit punches and also as an iced tea drink (check back for recipes once the weather gets warmer)
Since Rooibos is a natural dye; although the tea does look very pretty and vibrant in a white mug, cup or teapot, it will stain it!
Using a dark coloured mug, or a glass one is a better option.
That is the end of my series on Rooibos. For now – there is always more! I hope that you’ve enjoyed my recipes, and also found out a bit more about the health benefits of the lekker herbal tea, Rooibos.