Have you also taken down your Christmas tree and packed the decorations away? Monday, the 5th, was the twelve day of Christmas; and Tuesday, the 6th, the Epiphany. Depending on your beliefs, you’ve either taken it down, as I have, or perhaps you’re not ready to let go of the festive season, and still have a tree shining brightly in your living room? according to superstition, if you haven’t taken your tree and decorations down by the 7th, then they have to remain up for the rest of the year!
I made this for breakfast, as I was watching the lights twinkle for the last time. Until December, again, that is.
Healthy Gingerbread Snack (gluten free, egg free, soy free, oat free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 1 small tub of plain yoghurt (135g)
- 1/4 cup of strawberry sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped nuts, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon of nut butter (can omit)
- 4 pieces of gingerbread (any amount, or any sweet bread)
- Cut up gingerbread slices (I used a cookie cutter to make shapes)
- In a separate bowl, mix the plain yoghurt, strawberry sauce and vanilla powder
- Place into a serving bowl
- Place the gingerbread pieces on top
- Spoon strawberry sauce onto each piece of gingerbread
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, coconut and any other topping you like
- Place a dollop of nut butter in the centre (can omit)
Pick up spoon, and savour whilst enjoying the colourful twinkling of Christmas tree lights. Or, you can eat it any way you like!