This is the first of three recipes to welcome the New Year. All three of them contain the delicious, creamy, tasty, and fruity, Amarula Cream, (contains alcohol).
In my previous post, I briefly explained that Amarula Cream Liqueur is made from the marula fruit, which is native to Africa. If you haven’t yet tasted this liqueur, then make it your New Year’s resolution! hahaha! No, really, it is worth it! If you like Baileys, or Kahlua, or really, any other liqueur, then you’re going to love this one.
As with anything in life, remember to enjoy this, in moderation.
Amarula Topped Cupcakes (gluten free, egg free, oat free, soy free, nut free)
- Gluten free cupcakes (either bake your own, or store bought)
- 100g of white chocolate pieces or discs
- A tot (measurement, not a child, haha), of Amarula liqueur
- Melt the white chocolate either over a double boiler, or in a microwave oven (in a microwave safe bowl)
- Add the Amarua liqueur to the chocolate whilst it is melting, and stir in
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into a piping bag
- Cover the tops of the cupcakes with the chocolate. Work quickly, because in this cold weather, it hardens quickly!
- I wanted a textured look, and so, as you can see, my piping is not very smooth and ‘pretty’ looking!
Note: I used the leftover white chocolate from the cupcakes and dipped fresh strawberries into it. See recipe no.2.