Here it is – the last day of December 2014. The last day of the year. New Year’s Eve. It’s been quite an eventful year for me. After much deliberation, I finally decided to start blogging. Yes, this one! I’m really glad that I finally took the plunge and started to blog. I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I hope that you are too!
Although I’ve only been blogging since September, it feels as though I’ve already accomplished so much. I learnt a lot from Blogging101, and also Photography101. Thanks, WordPress! I’ve made lovely blogging buddies, and also found an array of healthy recipes!
As this year comes to a close, I’m looking back at all that has happened, and would like to share my highlights with you.
My highlights for 2014, include:
My recipe for a chocolate Mug Cake, was re-blogged on Cassie Kelly’s blog, Soy-Free Soul:
Justine, from OddsnSods made my Matcha Smoothie recipe, and also featured it on her blog, along with her tasty adaptation:
I also received my first blogging award – ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’, which was kindly awarded to me by Terri Webster Schrandt:
I created new recipes and wrote my first (of hopefully many more to come) recipe book – ‘Cozy Gluten Free Christmas Recipes’
This week, WordPress also informed me that I’ve received 500 Likes!! Wow!! That is totally amazing! I’m so glad that I’m doing something right! 😛
My goal, when I started my blog in September of this year, was to have 100 followers by the end of the year. On this very last day of December 2014, I currently have 103 followers! Hooray!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you following my blog! Do try some of my recipes, and remember to leave a comment – they are free!
I do like the fact that on WordPress, I can see which recipes were popular, and received the most ‘likes’. This is a list of the Top 5 recipes that you have fancied so far this year:
5. Crumbly Apple Bundt Cake https://gfchopstix.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/simple-and-in-season/
4. Brinjal, Sichuan Style https://gfchopstix.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/vegies-box-recipe-no-4/
3. Gingerbread and Strawberry Trifle https://gfchopstix.wordpress.com/2014/12/20/twelve-days-of-christmas-day-5/
2. Chocolate Persimmon Muffins https://gfchopstix.wordpress.com/2014/10/04/david-lebovitzs-chocolate-persimmon-muffins-my-gluten-free-adaptation/
1. Kiwi Matcha Smoothie https://gfchopstix.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/kiwi-matcha-smoothie-naturally-gluten-free/