The very lovely Justine, from OddsnSods is hosting a second tea party. Who doesn’t like a cup or mug of hot, steamy coffee or tea, (or other beverage), with good company? I certainly do! This Tea Time party is a Christmas Special. I have gone all out, and made a very decadent beverage.
Now, if you are not indulging this festive season, then you could of course make this drink far healthier, but I’ve decided that for this special time of the year, I would add a little extra to my usually healthy concoctions.
I hope that you will try it, and enjoy! Of course, try not over-indulge this season, which is sooo easy to do!
This beverage is a mouthful (pun intended!)
Coffee-Cocao-Coconut-Choc chip-Mallow Hot Chocolate (gluten free, egg free, soy free, dairy free, nut free)
- 250ml (a cup) of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 heaped teaspoon of bitter cocao
- 100ml of non dairy milk (I used coconut)
- Dark choc chips (a sprinkling)
- Mini mallows (or any size)
- First make your coffee. I used a coffee press
- Froth up the milk whilst you wait for the coffee to settle
- Place a heaped teaspoon of cocao into a mug
- Pour in the coffee, stirring
- Spoon the frothy milk on top
- Dust with extra cocao, or leave plain
- Now this step depends on you – sprinkle choc chips and mallow on top, allow to melt and then dive in!
To see the latest tea time recipe from OddsnSods, click below: