It is Christmas Eve! Are you ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus? Are all your gifts wrapped and waiting under the Christmas tree? Will Father Christmas (Santa), be bringing you the gift you hoped for? Perhaps you are still rushing around, looking for that last gift, or enjoying family time. Are you baking the last of the cookies, and preparing for a big family meal? What ever you are doing today, may it be a joyful and peaceful day!
They’re too cute, aren’t they?! You know. The little sesame men that were featured in my story yesterday. How could I not share this simple and tasty recipe with you? So, without further ado, here it is.
Sesame ‘Gingerbread’ Men (gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, oat free, sugar free)
- 3 Tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of white roasted sesame seeds (plus extra Tablespoon sprinkled on top)
- 1 teaspoon of ground sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of millet flour
- 1/2 cup of tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup of potato starch
- 1/4 cup of red rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat an oven to 180C/355F
- Mix the millet flour, rice flour, starches, baking powder, ground flax and salt in a medium sized bowl
- Add the oil, sesame seeds, and honey and mix with a spoon
- Next add the warm water and stir in
- Roll the dough out onto a silicone mat or board
- Cut out with cookie cutters
- Sprinkle a little of the sesame seeds over the cookies
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/355F for 10-12 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack, and watch them closely, as they may try to run away!