Strawberries. Need I say more? For the 5th day of Christmas, I’ve used fresh, in season strawberries and threw together a very quick&easy, and healthy trifle. Eat it for breakfast? Well, why not? This takes little effort, and looks so pretty!
Note: I only made one made dessert glass of trifle. My glass holds 250ml of liquid. If you want to make it in a larger bowl, then quantities will have to be doubled, or even tripled.
Gingerbread & Strawberry Trifle (gluten free, nut free, soy free, oat free, egg free)
- 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of gingerbread, cut up
- 5-7 strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of grated dark chocolate
- Wash and slice the strawberries
- Place into the bottom of the glass, and along the sides
- Mix the honey into the yoghurt and pour half of it into the glass, on top of the strawberries
- Now lightly crumble the gingerbread over
- Pour the remaining yoghurt on top
- Top with the left over strawberries and grated chocolate
- Pick up your spoon, and start eating!