If you’re having a hectic week, and finding that you’re running out of time for making good, healthy meals, then this recipe is just for you. It is very quick and simple, yet still tasty and nutritious. Whilst you are at the supermarket, or shopping mall, pick up a few simple ingredients (if you don’t already have them at home), and whip this delicious meal up in no time!
Asian Inspired Soup Noodles (gluten free, nut free, dairy free, corn free, egg free)
Note: For a vegetarian option, omit the fish flakes.
- A few red cabbage leaves (or green is fine)
- Rice vermecilli noodles (I used two ‘bunches’)
- Gluten free soy sauce (or Tamari), 1 teaspoon
- Miso paste, 1 heaped spoonful
- Fish flakes (omit if vegetarian), 1/4 cup
- A sprinkling of go ji (gou qi) berries, 1 Tablespoon
- A dash of salt
- Roasted sesame seeds for sprinkling, 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
- Dark vinegar (optional), 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water, to cover the noodles
- Whilst the kettle is boiling, prepare your bowl
- Shred a few pieces of cabbage leaves (as much or as little as you prefer)
- Place the dried rice noodles into a bowl
- Sprinkle go ji berries, fish flakes and a dash of salt over the noodles
- Place cabbage leaves on top
- Carefully pour enough boiling water over to submerge the noodles
- Allow to stand for about 3-5 minutes
- Stir in a spoon of miso paste
- Drizzle with vinegar and sesame oil
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds over
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Be careful when eating hot soup noodles.