It may begin with the last letter of the English alphabet ‘Z’, but this is probably one of the most commonly used vegetables.
You may like it on pizza. Perhaps it’s good in a stir fry. You may use it as spaghetti. How about fries? You may even sneak it into a cake! Yes, zucchini or courgette, is all that.
The fifth dish I made from my vegies box is an oven dish. If you do not have an oven, these could be cooked in a microwave, or even cooked on the stove (but the recipe would need to be altered, of course).
Rosemary Roasted Courgettes (gluten free, egg free, nut free, corn free, soy free, sugar free, vegetarian)
- Two medium sized courgettes (marrows/zucchinis)
- Two fresh cloves of garlic, peeled, and slightly crushed
- Three sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and ground black pepper, for taste
- Preheat an oven to 200C/390F
- Wash the marrows and cut up into even sized chunks
- Peel the garlic and lightly crush
- In an ovenproof dish, arrange the marrows, garlic and rosemary sprigs
- Drizzle with olive oil (do not drench them)
- Season with salt and pepper and stir until well coated with oil
- Place into a preheated oven, and roast for 20-30 minutes, on 200C/390F
- Remove from oven and serve