For those of you celebrating Thanksgiving this week: Wishing you joy; a happy time with your family and friends, and celebrate being thankful for the occasion!
Here is a quick and easy dessert recipe to pull together for those who do not have too much time to spend in the kitchen, and want something healthy, yet still delicious!
Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!
Pear Trifle Tots (gluten free, soy free, oat free, egg free)
There are two different ways to make this trifle.
- Ready baked chocolate or vanilla cake (I made mug cakes in the microwave to save time)
- Plain yoghurt
- Jam of choice (I used apricot)
- Sprinkles or nuts, or both
- Ground cinnamon (or spice of preference)
- Fresh pears, sliced
- Tot glasses (mine are probably slightly bigger than the average tot glass – they take a 1/3 cup of liquid)
- Once the cake has cooled completely, cut into small pieces (depending on the size of your glasses)
- Layer the cake, jam, yoghurt and nuts into the glass
- Top with a dollop of yoghurt, nuts, sprinkles and honey
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve
Note: Use as much or as little of the ingredients as you like. The aim is to layer and fill the glass, then top to make it look pretty.