I’ve been so busy this week, trying to familiarise myself with the two challenges that I’ve undertaken. Photography 101, and Blogging 101. I now understand why it is recommended to do One. At. A .Time. It’s hectic! Fun. I’m enjoying it, I must say, but will I last a month?!
Anyway, in-between all the assignments, I’ve also been cooking. That’s right. I have to eat!
Today’s recipe is not anything fancy. Rather, with the change in seasons and winter trying to barge in, I’m looking for comfort food. Warm, healthy, hearty meals that are easy to make and warm up the kitchen.
I got Sunshine in a Pan (naturally gluten free, egg free, soy free, corn free, oat free, dairy free,sugar free, nut free)
- Half a pumpkin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 large potato
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- Ground salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F
- Wash vegetables
- Peel the potatoes and sweet potatoes, if you prefer them that way, or scrub the skins and leave as is
- Cut up the vegetables into chunks. Cut the pumpkin pieces slightly bigger
- Crush the garlic cloves and cut up the ginger
- Place the vegetables, garlic and ginger into an ovenproof dish or pan
- Season with salt, pepper and any other herb or spice you like
- Drizzle with olive oil. Don’t drown the vegetables, but use enough to coat them well
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180C/355F, for 45-55 minutes, until the potatoes are tender
- Remove from oven and serve