Are you a fan of cooking shows on TV? A friend of mine from Down Under, attests to not liking cooking shows, but she did see one that stuck out, and one recipe that she fancied. I don’t know that I’ve got it down pat, but I do know that the blend of flavours, and the colours of this particular dish are wonderful!
I do love lemon, and usually (
just eat one whole), squeeze it over food, or use it for baking. This is the first time that I’ve used one in this manner, and I really enjoyed it. The roasted lemon goes so well with the potatoes and sweet potato, and once cooked, is also just slightly sweet. So good!
This dish is also quick and easy to throw together! It’s rustic, and you can play around with it, and it will still turn out great. Add your favourite vegies, or change the flavourings. It’s entirely up to you.
Jeanie’s Sweet Potato Dish (naturally gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free)
- 2 Medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled
- Half a lemon, cut up, and some zest
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F
- Wash the sweet potato and sweet potatoes, peel (if you like the skin on, leave it on), and cut into chunks or slices, or pretty little shapes – you decide
- Cut lemon into quarters, and crush the garlic slightly
- Place vegetables, lemon and garlic into an oven proof dish
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs or spices. I used rosemary
- Drizzle with olive oil and cooking oil/sunflower oil – up to you how much oil you prefer, but don’t be stingy, otherwise the vegetables will be very dry
- Bake at 180C/355F for 40-45 minutes, uncovered
- Remove from the oven, and serve as a side dish, or as a meal on its own