Yesterday, I reblogged a post about ‘A letter to coffee’. Since I know many of you, (including me these days), enjoys a mug or cup of coffee in the morning, I decided that this morning I’d create a coffee smoothie.
I love fruit smoothies, so why not a coffee smoothie? This is definitely an indulgent drink. There is coconut milk, coconut cream and chocolate. Not a green healthy breakfast smoothie, but who cares?
Before autumn fully settles in, and the days are still warm and sunny, make the most of the good weather, and enjoy an iced drink before you need to warm up in the mornings with a hot, steamy mug of coffee, hot chocolate or tea.
If you happen to have any coffee over from the day before, (coffee lovers will probably snigger at this one), refrigerate and use in the morning. If not, make a fresh pot and wait for it to cool down; or if you cannot wait, place it into the fridge whilst you prepare the other ingredients.
Toasted Coconut Coffee Smoothie (Gluten free, Egg free, Dairy free, Nut free)
Makes: 1 glass
Time: 10 minutes
- 300ml of cold coffee (I used French press/plunger)
- 100ml of ice
- 2 Tablespoons of non dairy milk powder (I used coconut)
- 1/4 cup of roasted coconut flakes (buy or make yourself)
- Add sugar if you wish
- Pour coffee into a blender
- Add the powdered milk, and coconut flakes
- Add sugar if you like it sweet
- Blend on high for about a minute
- Pour into a tall glass (400ml) and top with whipped coconut cream (contains vanilla essence, honey), or leave plain
- Garnish with grated dark chocolate, cinnamon and coconut flakes
Drink and enjoy!