This vegetable dish is soooo easy to prepare, and can be made with practically any vegies that you may have in your fridge. If you have an odd carrot, or only one potato left, or even a handful of other vegetables that need to be eaten before going bad, just toss them into an oven proof dish, add some oil, salt and herbs or spices and bake away.
AUTUMN ROASTED VEG (Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free, Sugar free, Oat free)
- One beetroot
Two or three small to medium sized potatoes
A chunk of butternut (any amount will do)
2 cloves of garlic
A sprinkling of sunflower seeds (optional)
Salt and pepper
Spices and herbs (optional)
Preheat your oven to 180C / 355F
- Wash, peel and cut up all the vegetables. I prefer them chunky, so they look more rustic, and not all professionally cut up and uniform. It’s up to you as to how you prefer to slice your vegetables.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the back of a knife (be careful not to cut yourself!) and don’t chop up.
- Place all the vegetables into an ovenproof dish, (I used a roasting pan).
- Drizzle olive oil over (about 2 Tablespoons, but up to you how much oil you prefer), grind salt and black pepper over and either add spices and herbs, or not.
- Cover with tin foil (aluminum foil), for the first twenty minutes, and then uncover, mix the vegies around and return to oven, uncovered.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
I cooked mine, (in a fan oven) for a total of 75 minutes.
Remove from oven, cool slightly, and serve either as a main dish, or as you wish.